The Toulouse Graduate School of Earth and Space Science draws its strength from one of the largest concentrations of people working in the field of Earth and Space Sciences in Europe. Our consortium brings together four higher education institutions, five research organisations and a private company that have a long tradition of cooperation.
Five of our disciplines are ranked in the world’s top-50 according to the ARWU in the last 5 years:
- Remote sensing
- Earth science
- Atmospheric science
- Water resources
Moreover, our consortium is involved in 60 of the ~180 National Observation Services.
Our research activities for the decade ahead will focus on:
- Exploring our place in the Universe
- Monitoring and understanding the Earth
- Predicting future behaviour
- Addressing challenges of natural resources and the environment
These activities will be complemented by two cross-cutting themes:
- Urban environment, Health and Society
- Databases, data mining and artificial intelligence